Friday, February 22, 2008

Choices

Many years Christian Singer Luke Garrett sang these words, "Some say life is just a series of decisions. We make choices, we live and learn." Others reminds us that our life is a sum total of the choices we make. Literally, we make dozens of decisions or choices every day and with each choice we make a direction, a path, and a course is charted.

Additionally, each decision invokes its own consequence. The truth of this is found in the Biblical laws of sowing and reaping. You know those laws, there are three of them. First, you reap exactly what you sow. Next, you reap later than you sow. Finally, you reap more than you sow. The seed we sow in this life is directly impacted by our decision or choices.

Sadly, we spend most of our time focusing on things which have little significant and little meaning. Yes, these things "SEEM" to be important at the time, but candidly those things which are seemingly "SO IMPORTANT" noone will even remember in 6 months.

We are faced with a huge choice today. This choice is "what will I do with the Lord?" Will I simply give Him my Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and maybe even Wednesday evenings? Or will I develop a personal relationship with Him?

As I have said many times, though I don't understand it---Jesus literally died to have a relationship with me and now He's left it in MY Hands. I have a choice in the matter, it is my decision to make. (Now, everywhere you just read "I", "ME", and "MY" can be substituted with your name. My prayer is that we will make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Blogs