Monday, April 14, 2008

Roy Morgan

His name was Roy Morgan. For over 60 years he has been a "preacher." He was a spiritual giant with a heart about the size of Texas. I've only known him and Miss Jean for a little over 2 years, but have loved every minute that I have spent with them.

Bro. Roy was a man of "dry-wit" and an incurable desire to preach the word. It's official, he retired from the active pastorate 3 times!! During the past 2 years he has been a member of Hueytown Baptist and has spoken for me on several occasions. Each time our congregation was blessed by the wonderful wit, the deep spiritual truths, and sincerity of character with which he communicated.

Last night, God called him home. The Bible says, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His Saints." Certainly this time God has called home a true saint.

Years ago I wrote a song for which the words are the chorus are appropriate today;

When I walked through the gates,
He was waiting for me,
The sweet son of God,
Lamb of Calvary.
When He opened His arms to bid me welcome,
His nail-scarred hands were all I could see.
When I walked through the gates
He was waiting for me.

I know the Lord Jesus welcomed Roy home and with a smile said, "Well Done."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Blogs