Friday, March 22, 2013

The Big Question


The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 13:5, “Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Examine yourselves. Or do you yourselves not recognize that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless you fail the test.” 
This verse begins and ends with my least favorite word, “TEST”. I have NEVER liked taking test.  All through High School, I (can I say it) HATED test.  But I discovered why I disliked test so badly.
When it came time for my Senior English Literature final exam I knew that I had to pass this test to ‘walk the line’ and graduate.  Our teacher gave us the needed information to study and, in an uncharacteristic move, I STUDIED.  For two days I studied. 
When I actually studied and prepared for the test, a unique thing happened; I WANTED TO TAKE THE TEST.  In fact, I couldn’t wait.  And by the way, I made a 98.
Here’s the truth, because I was prepared I didn’t mind answering those 100 questions. 
The Lord Jesus only asks us one question but it’s not a question which determines whether or not we ‘graduate’ from a school.  The question He asks us ultimately determines things like heaven, hell, death, life, time, and eternity.
He asks, “Will you follow me?”  Most of those who attend church services regularly would say, “Sure I follow Him.”  But the question which Jesus asks is “Will you follow me wherever, whenever, and whatever?” 
For those who have to be in control, they respond, “Where are you talking about, when are you talking about, and what are you talking about?”  Problem is, our Lord is not obligated to give us those answers until He is ready. 
The Lord spoke to Abraham in Genesis and simply said, “Pick up your family, leave your home, and go to the place that I will show you.” 
In this call, we hear our Lord calling us to trust Him more than anyone or anything else. 
He alone is trustworthy.


Checkout Pastor Jerry’s web site @ www.jerrywatts.net for his books entitled 

“Words Of Warning”
"And They Were Called Christians"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Blogs