Thursday, February 09, 2006

Love and Faith

Preparing the message for the HBC evening service, I am studying 1 Thessalonians 3:6ff. The more I study God's word, the more it becomes apparent that God and His word is nothing if it is not consistent. I matters not where you jump in the message will be truthful, built on the same principles, and exude the same message.

When Timothy returned to Paul from Thessalonica he brought a report 'about their love and faith'. It was a glowing report about their "memories of the Apostle Paul and His team" and about how strong and firm they were in "faith and love".

This scripture causes me to wonder - "what if some one came to investigate me or this congregation? what kind of report would they return with?" Seems to me, this question is one which is the most apropo of all the questions we could ask.

Faith is seen in our actions and activities. It is seen in the way we live our lives. It is seen in the things to which we hold fast, the things we believe in.

Love is seen in our treatment of others. To demonstrate "agape" or God's unconditional love requires that we have "experienced" this love through a saving faith in Jesus Christ.

Thus the two are intertwined. Love and Faith. Faith and Love. Matters not which order - what matters is this: Are they seen in my life? Dear Lord, Please make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Blogs