Recently I sent out one of those blanket emails which I happened to think was "right on" (actually, delete most of them). This one was about the 10 Commandments' place in the history of the USA and gave information relative to some of our founding fathers and their attitude towards God, the Bible, Christianity, and even religion in government. Candidly, I carefully selected (or at least I thought I did) my receivers from my list of "friends" and sent it out with a reference to one of our "Presidential Candidates". You guessed it, less than 6 hours later I had a blistering response from one of my "friends". This "friend" was all over me for such propaganda and went on to literally denegrate the philosphies and impact of those leaders who established this great nation. So I sit and I wonder.......
Can a person be "Christian" politician and consistently vote for the murder of babies? Or to give "Civil-Rights" special status to people who live in the sin of homosexuality? Can a person serve as a "Commander in Chief" of a nation which he refuses to repect, salute, or even acknowledge the Flag?
I'm not saying YES nor NO...I'm just wondering....We all BETTER wonder because November is coming!
Originally from Mississippi, Bro. Jerry is the Senior Pastor for the New Hope Baptist Church in Foxworth, Mississippi, and the former AMD (Association Mission Director) for the George-Greene Baptist Association in the Lucedale/Leakesville area of South Mississippi. Jerry enjoys writing, golfing, tennis, softball, reading, and preaching. A professional musician for many years who enjoys a wide variety of music.
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THE SECOND CIVIL WAR—THIS TIME WITHOUT CANNONS
The Civil War didn't begin at Fort Sumter in 1861. It began in the decade before—in the 1850s—when a nation that had stopped listening...
-
As Southern Baptists gather in Orlando in just a few weeks, the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention will likely be about far...
-
America at the Brink: From Order to Anarchy If I offer an opinion about the USA over the past 5 or 6 years, one word comes to mind, Anarch...
-
Scripture Focus: Romans 6:13-23 These verses offer an opportunity to review or evaluate where a person is in regard to his relationship to...
No comments:
Post a Comment